Young Minds of the Future (YMF) was founded in 2013 with the vision of engaging youth in collaborative forums that address key issues and complex challenges in our local and global communities. YMF Conferences engage youth with a variety of speakers, and facilitate collaboration among students in addressing a range of topics that emphasise engagement with complex global challenges and the development of critical thinking skills. In doing so, YMF’s unique Collaborative Circles framework underpins the truly innovative and collaborative nature of these conferences; students are provided with the opportunity to engage in collaborative discussion that fosters leadership and problem solving skills, and develops a sense of global citizenship.
What People Say About YMF
- I really enjoyed the presentations from the speakers - they were all really interesting and covered topics that I myself are quite passionate about. I also really liked the collaborative sessions as I learnt a lot by listening to the opinions, perspectives and contributions of others.Sophie Hannah
- I enjoyed learning more about the world we live in and how powerful the media and presentation is to influencing our beliefs and the perspectives of others around us. The speakers spoke very well and were certainly engaging!Tynnika Fulloon
- The YMF conference was a new and exciting experience with new and appealing aspects that have not previously been explored and available.The presentations were all very interesting, thought provoking, and 'framed and conditioned' our minds for the later group discussions. These small group discussions with each of the presenters also opened our eyes to other new perspectives and the pros and cons of different futuristic developments. Overall it was a brilliant experience and I can't wait for the next conference!Victoria Swadling
- I enjoyed the relaxed yet intellectual conversations, or more specifically discussion, that were held when dissecting each topic. I also enjoyed the talks at the beginning. They were deeply interesting and proficient in arousing interest in the topics.Marina Lima
- The YMF FPS Conference was an excellent opportunity beyond the standard school curriculum to collaborate with like-minds on a range of creative and innovative topics. An amalgamation of communication and collaboration, the conference truly challenged students in a unique and collaborative environment.Emily Selleck
- I thoroughly enjoyed the collaborative sessions. They gave me the opportunity to voice my opinions and expand my knowledge on the topics. It was a very eye opening experience!Helen Kwon