Young Minds of the Future (YMF) was founded in 2013 with the vision of engaging youth in collaborative forums that address key issues and complex challenges in our local and global communities. YMF Conferences engage youth with a variety of speakers, and facilitate collaboration among students in addressing a range of topics that emphasise engagement with complex global challenges and the development of critical thinking skills. In doing so, YMF’s unique Collaborative Circles framework underpins the truly innovative and collaborative nature of these conferences; students are provided with the opportunity to engage in collaborative discussion that fosters leadership and problem solving skills, and develops a sense of global citizenship.
What People Say About YMF
- I approached YMF looking for a way to further my knowledge of humanities and the ins and outs of modern society. The result was an incredible experience, followed with fascinating interactions with other people within the same age group who all retain their own contrasting angles on the world today. Personally, I believe that everyone who attended the event came out with a new perspective on the 21st century society. I recommend YMF to everyone who has an interest in meeting new people in a fun and new way whilst looking at humanities subjects through other viewpoints.Tyler Vo
- I really enjoyed the presentations from the speakers - they were all really interesting and covered topics that I myself are quite passionate about. I also really liked the collaborative sessions as I learnt a lot by listening to the opinions, perspectives and contributions of others.Sophie Hannah
- I thoroughly enjoyed the collaborative sessions. They gave me the opportunity to voice my opinions and expand my knowledge on the topics. It was a very eye opening experience!Helen Kwon
- The captivating young minds of the future conference was a fantastic experience that both promoted and facillitated the development of effective collaborative skills. The event exposed participants to a unique environment that fostered the application of problem solving and critical thinking skills. Overall, young minds of the future successfully engaged audiences, irrespective of their age, though specifically serves as a cornerstone to the ongoing development of teen minds. Definitely a noteworthy experience that I recommend to all students, regardless of age or education.Malak Habib
- I enjoyed learning more about the world we live in and how powerful the media and presentation is to influencing our beliefs and the perspectives of others around us. The speakers spoke very well and were certainly engaging!Tynnika Fulloon
- I enjoyed the relaxed yet intellectual conversations, or more specifically discussion, that were held when dissecting each topic. I also enjoyed the talks at the beginning. They were deeply interesting and proficient in arousing interest in the topics.Marina Lima